Any doctors out there with investment portfolios? Well we are six months into the new year how have yours performed? Please find a summary of the market performance to June 2015.
The first half of 2015 has seen the rising threat of US interest rates, the start of Eurozone Quantitative Easing (QE), the UK General Election and of course, most recently, the Greek Crisis. So where has all this taken us?
- FTSE 100: down 0.69%
- FTSE 250: up 8.99%
- S&P 500: up 0.20%
- Euro Stoxx: up 8.83%
- Nikkei 225: up 15.96%
- 2 Year UK Gilt Yield: 0.74%
- 10 Year UK Gilt Yield: 2.14%
- Gold: down 2.90%
- The FTSE 100 is virtually the same value as it was 6 months ago, however the FTSE 250 has risen nearly 9% (a result perhaps of this index having less mining and oil companies in it).
- The US market performed similarly to the UK although the dollar did weaken slighly against sterling during this time.
- The Eurozone started with a big boost due to QE however is suffering recently due to the much publicised Greek crisis. The Euro has weakened significantly against Sterling.
- Bond prices have started to fall, marginally.
If you are a doctor in Bristol with an investment portfolio or would like a complimentary review of your portfolio in the light of recent events. Then please get in touch for an initial chat on email@example.com or telephone 0117 966 5699.