Thank you to all of those who came to the recent NHS Pension Masterclass Event. Here is a summary of the event, what was discussed and topics that proved of most interest to the delegates.
21 doctors attended the event. The delegates represented a broad spectrum from GPs to Consultants, all with varying degrees of knowledge and experience of the NHS Pension Scheme. Most seemed to enjoy the event and the buffet went down well - actually too well as we found it difficult to get delegates to leave the dining room to start the presentation! The NHS Pension Scheme presentation was always meant as a 'starting point' to get delegates thinking about what they need to be looking at - the emphasis was on the need to sit down with Richard on an individual basis after the event, to review personal circumstances - 18 doctors requested individual initial reviews with Richard at the end of the night.
The agenda for the meeting was:
- Welcome and introduction
- The Pension Life Time Allowance (LTA changes, Protection Available, Avoiding future LTA Charges)
- The Pension Annual Allowance (AA changes, carry-back, Pension Input Period changes and Maximising Pension Contributions this year)
- Tapering of Tax Relief on Pension Contributions for higher earners from next year
- Autumn Statement 2015 and Budget 2016 Update; how the announcements will affect doctors
- Tax Efficient Retirement Planning
- Advanced Tax Saving Strategies and Investment ideas
There followed a Q&A session after the main presentation which brought to life some of the topics discussed.
Need More Information?
If you attended the event and came away feeling you need more information - please do not hesitate to get in touch on 0117 966 5699 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange for Richard to see you on a one-to-one basis.
Also if you would like a copy of the slides - please get in touch and we can send them to you.
If you missed the event I am sorry you were not able to make it this time. Please do get in touch on 0117 966 5699 or email@example.com and we will arrange for Richard to bring you up to speed on all things NHS Pension Scheme on a one-to-one basis.