Thank you to all those who braved the weather and made it to this week's NHS Pension event. Here is a summary of the event, what was discussed and topics that proved of most interest to the delegates.
51 doctors attended the event. The delegates represented a broad spectrum from GPs to Consultants, all at different stages of their medical careers and all with varying degrees of knowledge and experience of the NHS Pension Scheme. Most seemed to enjoy the event and the buffet went down well - actually too well as we found it difficult to get delegates to leave the dining room to start the presentation! The NHS Pension Scheme presentation was always meant as a 'starting point' to get delegates thinking about what they need to be looking at - the emphasis was on the need to sit down with Richard on an individual basis after the event, to review personal circumstances - 35 doctors requested individual initial reviews with Richard at the end of the night.
The agenda for the meeting was:
- Welcome and introduction
- The basics of the NHS Pension Scheme - what's the current situation?
- The new NHS Pension Scheme - what's changing this year?
- I have heard that there have been some recent pension tax changes - does this affect me?
- Ok, I know a bit more, but what does this all mean for my retirement plans?
- Sources of help - where can I go for on-going support?
- Question & Answer Session
Question & Answer Session
Perhaps the most interesting part of the evening was the Q&A session after the main presentation as it brought to life the topics which were of most interest to doctors at this time.
Some of the topics which were discussed in the Q&A session were:
- Individual Protection and Fixed Protection
- Pension Sharing Orders and the NHS Pension Scheme
- Alternative Investments v 2015 NHS Pension Scheme
- Added Years Contracts
- How safe is the NHS Pension Scheme going forward
- Choice 2
- The basis on which 1995 Section benefits are calculated (final salary, timing and breaks in service) in light of the changes occurring this year
and much more.....
Need More Information?
If you attended the event and came away feeling you need more information - please do not hesitate to get in touch on 0117 966 5699 or email@example.com and we will arrange for Richard to see you on a one-to-one basis.
Also, if you would like a copy of the slides - please also get in touch and we can send them to you.
If you missed the event, I am sorry you were not able to make it this time. Please do get in touch on 0117 966 5699 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange for Richard to bring you up to speed with all things NHS Pension Scheme on a one-to-one basis.
Again, if you would like a copy of the slides - please get in touch and we can arrange for them to get sent out to you.