How have world's investment markets fared in the first 6 months of the year? A few highlights.
- The UK stockmarket went virtually nowhere in the first 6 months - despite encouraging economic data.
- The US and Euro stockmarkets did marginally better than the UK over the first 6 months of the year.
- Bond yields (despite expectations) continued to fall (meaning capital prices rose again).
- UK residential and commercial property prices did well over the period.
- Sterling has strengthened against the dollar and the euro.
- Gold recovered a little after a terrible 2013, however oil was little changed.