What is included in pensionable pay for NHS Pension purposes? And perhaps more importantly - what isn't included?
- Broadly pensionable pay is based on the standard hours that you would work if employed on a whole time contract. Remember standard hours will vary depending upon the nature of your employment contract. Contact your employer for further clarification - especially if you think your pensionable pay is incorrect.
- Annual leave is pensionable
- If you work part-time your pensionable pay will be converted to 'whole-time equivalent'
- In the 1995 Section of the NHS Pension Scheme your NHS Pension benefits will be based upon the best of your last 3 years whole time pensionable pay. In the 2008 Section of the NHS Pension Scheme are based upon the average of the best 3 consecutive years pay in the last 10 years of working.
- Any hours in excess of your standard hours (including overtime) are not pensionable.
If you have any queries over your NHS Pension scheme benefits get in touch with us in the first instance.